JEWISH HISTORY TO A BEAT

  • Monday, December 6, 2010
  • I grew up in New York where there are more Jewish people than in Israel. Part of my experience as a boy was to be exposed to the Jewish culture and Christmas time always reminds me of their Chanukah celebration. Our school programs were always one half Christmas and one half Chanukah so I learned not only the story but their songs. The story of Chanukah occurs between the Old and New Testament and is a glorious one of victory and sets up the Christmas story. You should find out about it and share it with your children and then this video will make more sense to you.  I found it quite fun. It brought back many memories of families sharing the lighting of the Menorah and playing games with the dradles. Enjoy and shalom.


    0 comments:

    Post a Comment