THE BEST PART OF VACATION

  • Monday, October 19, 2009
  • When I decided to take 3 weeks off in a row, one of the reasons was so I could break away for a period of time and live outside the box of my normal day to day activities. To do so, I made a commitment to myself with the help of my ministry assistant Natalie, to avoid the computer and the cell-phone. Natalie skimmed the email and was given instructions that if anything that is time critical came up, how to contact me. I did not miss technology. Don't get me wrong .. I personally have benefitted a great deal by the internet and all the bells and whistles on our cell phones have been a blessing, but they can be quite a distraction as well.

    Take a listen to Josh Harris speak about the subject and see if you stand guilty ...

    2 comments:

    PegS said...

    Pastor George, thanks for this. I have been trying to work out a lesson for the faith@home class on workers at home and was thinking the same things, but without the technology, of how we mom's can get destracted from our work. Need to add this line of thinking with it!

    Troy Friesen said...

    I've got all those gadgets and ADHD (well, not officially but some people say...), now what do I do... Oh, my phone is ringing - gotta go.

    Post a Comment