FOLLOW-UP: HELP US TEACH YOUNG CHILDREN

  • Wednesday, May 4, 2011
  • So I got you to see my 4 year old grandson is cute. Now who is going to help teach young children? I am not giving this appeal without leading for Deb and I have volunteered to teach a Sunday school class for lower elementary. I can't wait because the great thing about kids is that they will actually believe what is taught! Their questions will send me into my thick theology books for answers for in their innocence, they do think deeply.

    One of my favorite theologian is J.C. Ryle. Here is why we need teachers:

    We must labor to do good to our children even from their earliest years. If Satan begins so early to do them harm, we must not be behind him in diligence to lead them to God. How soon in life a child becomes responsible and accountable, is a difficult question to solve. Perhaps far sooner than many of us suppose. One thing, at all events, is very clear–it is never too soon to strive and pray for the salvation of the souls of children–never too soon to speak to them as moral beings, and tell them of God, Christ, right and wrong. The devil, we may be quite sure, loses no time in endeavoring to influence the minds of young people. He begins with them even from childhood. Let us work hard to counteract him.

    From: Expository Thoughts on the Gospels: Mark, [Carlisle, PA: Banner of Truth, 1985], 182. {Mark 9:14-29}

    If you want to help out and stomp the devil with me, contact the church office.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment