A Profile in Courage .. Not!

  • Friday, August 13, 2010
  • Sorry if you follow this page that I have not posted anything for a few weeks. I will try and pick it up again.

    When I saw this video I screamed at this guy! All kinds of essays came to my mind but I will allow our brother Erik Raymond of Omaha Bible Church in Bellevue speak as he does a much better job than I would have.



    Guys ... Don't shy away from the foul balls headed at your family!

    Erik writes:

    A line drive is hit at a Major League baseball game right at a guy and his girlfriend. The guy bails and the girl takes it off the arm. Then the sideline reporter comes down and gives it to him.

    At the risk of over spiritualizing this, I just want to note that this is a great cultural snapshot of something that is lost in the fall. Instead of standing in there and protecting his girlfriend (like he said he would) he is overly concerned with himself and he cowardly bails on her. As men we do this when we fall down on the job of leading and loving our wife through gospel service. To not lead is to retreat into a shell of a man.

    So yes this guy breaks all sorts of conventional man laws, none can argue this. But, even more he reminds us of the ugliness of being a cowardly guy and the priority of manning up in all areas of life, not just in catching foul balls. Only the gospel can bring true, enduring change to men.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment