A GREAT REMINDER OF THE BATTLE AND WHO WINS

  • Tuesday, May 18, 2010

  • Read this quote this morning from Charles Spurgeon's sermon, "The Upper Hand."

    Sin cannot get confirmed dominion over the child of God, because God hath promised that it shall not. “Sin shall not have dominion over you.” Oh! how I live these “shalls!” There seems something grand in them. “Sin shall not.” Ah! Satan may come with temptation, but when God says, “Sin shall not have dominion,” it is as when the sea comes up in the fullness of its strength, and the Almighty saith - “Hitherto shalt thou come, but no farther; here shall thy proud waves be stayed.”


    If there were no other promise in the Bible but this one, and I knew no more theology than that promise teaches me, I would be most happy. “Sin shall not have dominion.” O my God, if thou sayest it shall not, then I know it shall not. Hath he said, and shall he not do it? Hath he promised it, and shall it not stand good? If you trust in Jesus Christ, before sin can ever fully rule over you, God’s promise must be broken, and, beloved, that shall never be.

    1 comments:

    PegS said...

    I have this in head-knowledge, but when the temptation comes, how weak is my armor. Or maybe it is askew and Satan finds that vunerable spot.

    Post a Comment