PUTTING THE ROCKS IN PLACE

  • Tuesday, March 20, 2007
  • It is Tuesday morning, 7:30 A.M. and I am sitting at Bagels and Joe sipping a cup of Ethiopian coffee having just met with Robb Rexilius for the last hour. Tuesday is the beginning of my “work week” and I am putting the finishing touches on setting the rocks in place. Here is what I do: Yesterday morning I took out my calendar and gave a first look to the week ahead to see where I will put the important items for the week. When will I do devotions? Where do I see Deb and I doing our Bible reading together? Who do I need to meet with this week and when? What important meetings are ahead? What do I need to prepare for?

    Being careful not to over schedule, I know that most days have some air to air combat missions where I cannot predict what will happen and will call for moment by moment responses. So here I am finishing my coffee, getting ready to head to church taking one last look at the calendar. Ten to fifteen minutes from yesterday and today will probably save me hours of chaos and keep my heart from some unnecessary anxiety. It will be easier to focus on the sovereign work of God in my week. God will measure and give me the rest of the things that fill up my calendar. Bring on the gravel!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment